20040919

emans frustration

I've been struggling to finish my SP for more than a week now. One of the main causes of my problem is my stupidity. Up until last night, one part of my code reads:

open ($fHandle, $fileName);
while (<$fHandle>) {
$printout .= <$fHandle>;
}
close ($fHandle);

This just puts every other line of the file to the $printout variable. I fixed it by doing this:

open ($fHandle, $fileName);
while (<$fHandle>) {
$printout .= $_;
}
close ($fHandle);

Also, i had several problems regarding where the perl interpreter is. In Linux, and most other OSes, it's in /usr/bin/perl, while in Windows, for SiePerl, it's in %Program Files%/SiePerl/perl/%version%/bin/MSWin32-x86-perlio/Perl.exe. So far i haven't solved this yet.

Last night Epoy, Biboy, and Paolo was here. They told me that they haven't seen me for a while. That's mainly because i haven't gone out for a while.

Anyway, i have to finish coding this darn thing.

No comments: